The Morris Furniture Company recognises the role environmental management plays in meeting the expectations of their customers. The company is therefore committed to integrate sound environmental management practises into their products and services. This will contribute to the success of the company.
The Morris Furniture Group has pledged to uphold best practice in terms of waste management, gas emissions, sustainability and much more besides. Working closely with the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency, every effort is made to minimise the impact we have on the environment, from sourcing raw materials through to their transformation into finished product.
The Morris Furniture Company is committed to:
- The prevention of pollution and the minimisation of the impact on the environment from its activities. This includes the minimisation of waste and use of energy, materials and natural resources.
- The compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements to which the organisations subscribes.
- The identification of objectives, targets and actions necessary for continual improvement of its environmental performance.
- The application of the highest operational standards at all times and the periodical audit and review of the environmental performance.
- The use, where possible, of suppliers whose environmental policies are compatible with this policy.
- The Joint Managing Directors take overall responsibility for development of the Environmental Policy and will provide sufficient resources and training for staff to carry out their duties with regard to this policy.
- The management shall be familiar with this policy and a designated management representative shall ensure the development and implementation of procedures, programmes and relevant practices developed under this policy.
- All staff shall be made aware of this policy and shall be individually responsible for following the relevant procedures set forth under this policy.